Sunday, February 26, 2012
Its Sunday again... already! wow that week went by fast. The wind is blowing like crazy and that is my least favorite kind of day - blankets on ? blankets off??? we opted for off but Mumzy put our hay on the side of the hill so the wind was a bit blocked and the sun was shining on us. I got a treat last night with supper... Mumzy shared her beer with me :) yummmmm I love beer! makes my belly warm and fuzzy <3. Probably I should tell you a bit more about myself. When I first came to my home now, I did not have any shoes on. I was never riden so I was left barefoot. When I first got here, Mumzy put hard metal shoes on my feet but I didnt mind because it kept my feet from hurting when i walked on hard surfaces. Thats when we were riding alot, sometimes in the woods and fields, sometimes around and around in circles in the ring - that was hard work..... Mumzy made me go in circles, bend and flex , go fast and then slow, she made me move away from pressure and yield to the bit.... boy did i sweat during those rides but I loved them and learned something new everyday. we usually ended the hard work with a nice long walk on the trail. For the past few years i have been barefoot again. We havent been riding as much and when we do it is usually on the trail so Mumzy bought me some special boots to where only when we are out and about but when i am in the pasture it is all grass so i dont need any shoes. I will try to get Mumzy to take a picture of my fancy boots a little later, i feel very special when i have them on but they make my feet feel a bit heavy. So all this leads me to admit.... I dont have very strong hooves. I take special supplements that seem to help, biotin and selenium, when I dont take them my feet crack and chip and look a mess but the supplements seem to help so that is the story with my disadvantaged hooves. On the bright side i dont need the farrier as oftern because my feet dont grow that fast. But i do like when the farrier comes. I stand very still and try to behave myself because I dont want to hurt her when she is giving me my pedicure. So my story will continue, Mercedes is doing fine right now, but Mumzy is still worried about him and doesnt want him to be in any pain, seems to me he is getting a bit cranky but maybe thats because he is ready for spring just like me. If any of you have any questions that me or Mumzy can answere, please leave a comment. I am still writing this in hopes that someone will be the perfect home for me when Mercedes is gone....... Hope to hear from some of you soon.....until then these are a few pics of me when Mumzy and I were working almost every day... Wowza did I look like Secretariat or what! hahahah
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment