Saturday, February 18, 2012



Oh bother, mumzy was late getting us out this morning! what was she thinking? I love these warm mornings we are having this winter. I usually have to have a blanket on all winter because I dont grow alot of that winter fuzz that some horses do. Maybe because of my thoroughbred ancesters? not sure. Anyway, i have only had to wear that stinky old blanket a few times this winter. When we got our hay thrown to us this morning I just sniffed it and wandered down in the field, I actually think there are a few fresh grass shoots coming up! IN FEBRUARY! crazy I know but they do taste good. Back to my ancestors and how I came to be in this pasture. I was born in Missouri, plans were to be a polo pony. Hmmmm, know one asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up but it certainly wasnt a polo pony. It scared me to have those other horses running full blast at me - jees who would want to do that? The only thing I really got from that early training is if i hear you  kiss? well you better hold on because that meant we got to GO! Mumzy found that out the hard way heheheh. When I was 4 years old I was bought by a very nice woman in Brunswick and I made that long ride all the way to Maine in a trailer (which I love to ride in). She kept me for a few years but she didnt do much with me. I had alot of friends in the pasture but she could tell what I really wanted was a person of my own. Mumzy read about me in that magazine that sells everything from horses to lawnmowers (I was very lucky because there are some real mean people who buy horses from that magazine) but I came to Brooksville. I had a young girl ride me for the summer but she went away to school so I became Mumzys horse. Perfect for an older person who knew how to ride but didnt really push me too hard. I never let her relax completely..... its that thoroughbred worm in my brain I think. But I behaved extremely well for not being ridden in a long time. We went into the woods alot - something I had never done. It was scary at first but I had a friend with me, Her name was Rose and I learned alot from her. Shes gone now, along with Lucky and soon Mercedes. I have had too many friends leave me.... Anyway, I love going in the woods now, I feel better when I have  a friend with me but if I had a confident patient person with me I would be fine on my own. Ok, Im done for now, gotta go get some of that hay before Merecedes eats it all.... I'll have Mumzy take some pictures of me soon but for now, these are a few pictures of me with my girl. Talk to you soon.....

No comments:

Post a Comment